1952 - Founding of Bartley Secondary School. Formation of 3 Standard 6 classes with 91 students- 81 males and 10 females. First co-education secondary school in Singapore under the stewardship of Mr Chua Leong Hean.
- 1953 - Formation of school motto 'Facta Non Verba' and Crest.
- 1954 - Full secondary school with 600 pupils in 16 classes.1955
- Introduction of School Song with lyrics by the Principal, Mr E.W. Jesudason.
First of publication of 'Bartley Annual' Magazine.
- Transfer of female students to Cedar Girls' Secondary to start the girls' school and Bartley became a boys' school in the secondary section. However, female students were admitted into the Post-Secondary Section (Pre-University level ) which was started in the same year.Formation of the first National Police Cadet Corps Unit- in Singapore.1956
- Start of Pre-University classes with girls too. Co-educational at Post-Secondary level NPCC Unit set up - the first in Singapore1960 - 1969
- Formation of the School Advisory Committee1977Celebrating 25 Years- Silver Jubilee for Bartley Secondary School. New Science laboratories and tuckshop were added.1992
- Bartley left its campus of 39 years to a holding site.1995Moved into new premises at 10, Jalan Bunga Rampai. Admission of female students at Secondary One.1996First female Principal, Mrs Tan So Wah.Phasing out of the Pre-University classes.1997Official opening of new campus by GOH- Minister of Community Development, Mr Abdullah Tarmugi. Bartley was a pioneering member of the N1 Cluster.Formation of the first Student Council.Introduction of the Bartleyan Creed.2001Most improved school in 2000 GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations. School Hall was air-conditioned.2002
- Celebrating 50 years of shaping lives and shaping the nation.2004
- Symbolic Walk – A journey home - Official opening of school facilities after PRIME.2005
- Official Opening of Centre of Excellence for Innovation and Enterprise (BICE).
Achieved People Developer Standard (Spring, Singapore). Attained Thinking Culture Award-Best School (Zone).
Inaugural twinning programme with Ping Jiang Secondary School, Jiang Su, China.
- Achieved Character Development Award. Attained Sustained Achievement Award (Uniformed Group).
- Celebrating 55 years- Peaks of Excellence. Attained Sustained Achievement Award (Sports).2008
- Introduction of Overseas Service Learning Trip (Cambodia).
- Achieved Sustained Achievement Award (Academic- Value-added for Express).
Recognised as achieving Business Excellence Niche Standard (People) by Spring, Singapore.
Overseas Service Learning Trip to India.
- Opening of air-conditioned classrooms for graduating students.Celebrating 60 years of nurturing resilient and responsible Bartleyans.
Offical merger of Bartley Secondary School and First ToaPayoh Secondary School
Home > Our School > Milestones