1952 - Founding of Bartley Secondary School. Formation of 3 Standard 6 classes with 91 students- 81 males and 10 females. First co-education secondary school in Singapore under the stewardship of Mr Chua Leong Hean.
- 1953 - Formation of school motto 'Facta Non Verba' and Crest.
- 1954 - Full secondary school with 600 pupils in 16 classes.1955Introduction of School Song with lyrics by the Principal, Mr E.W. Jesudason.First of publication of 'Bartley Annual' Magazine.
- Transfer of female students to Cedar Girls' Secondary to start the girls' school and Bartley became a boys' school in the secondary section. However, female students were admitted into the Post-Secondary Section (Pre-University level ) which was started in the same year.Formation of the first National Police Cadet Corps Unit- in Singapore.1956David Lim represented Singapore in Water Polo in the Melbourne Olympics in 1956. Another Bartleyan, Janet Jesudasan represented Singapore in athletics.1959Bartley NPCC Unit was founded the very first unit in Singapore.1976The school's Silver Jubilee in 1976 saw the upgrading of its Science Laboratories as well as the renovation of its tuckshop to create more space for its growing population. This was officially opened by Senior Minister of State for Education, Mr Chai Chong Yii.1992
- Bartley left its campus of 39 years to a holding site.1995Another milestone for Bartley was re-admiting of female student into Secondary One after 39 years.1996First female Principal, Mrs Tan So Wah.Phasing out of the Pre-University classes.1997Official opening of new campus by GOH- Minister of Community Development, Mr Abdullah Tarmugi. Bartley was a pioneering member of the N1 Cluster.Formation of the first Student Council.Introduction of the Bartleyan Creed.2001Most improved school in 2000 GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations. School Hall was air-conditioned.2002
- Celebrating 50 years of shaping lives and shaping the nation.2004
- Symbolic Walk – A journey home - Official opening of school facilities after PRIME.2005Official Opening of Centre of Excellence for Innovation and Enterprise (BICE).Achieved People Developer Standard (Spring, Singapore). Attained Thinking Culture Award-Best School (Zone).
- Achieved Character Development Award. Attained Sustained Achievement Award (Uniformed Group).
- Celebrating 55 years- Peaks of Excellence. Attained Sustained Achievement Award (Sports).2008
- Introduction of Overseas Service Learning Trip (Cambodia).
- 2009Achieved Sustained Achievement Award (Academic- Value-added for Express).Recognised as achieving Business Excellence Niche Standard (People) by Spring, Singapore.Overseas Service Learning Trip to India.
- Opening of air-conditioned classrooms for graduating students.Celebrating 60 years of nurturing resilient and responsible Bartleyans.
2015Completion of Indoor Sports House (ISH)2015Introduction of Learning for Life Programme2016Introduction of Applied Learning Programme2016
Offical merger of Bartley Secondary School and First ToaPayoh Secondary School2018Singapore Guinness Book of Record - Largest National Day Dikir Barat2019Introduction of Mobile Robotics as a subject.
Home > Our School > Milestones